Wedding planning can be exciting and overwhelming, especially when hiring vendors. From florists to photographers, choosing the right vendors for your big day is key to ensuring your wedding runs smoothly and looks amazing. If you’re wondering, “What vendors do you need for a wedding?” then you’re in the right place. Keep reading for an extensive list of vendors needed for a wedding to get you on the right track.
Wedding Vendor Etiquette and FAQs to Help You Choose Your Wedding Vendors
To help you sift through all the different offers, here are some essential tips for finding reliable wedding vendors and ensuring you follow the proper etiquette when selecting them.
What are Wedding Vendors?
Wedding vendors are professionals couples hire to provide key services and supplies for their big day. Depending on the couple’s budget and style, vendors can range from DJs and photographers to bakers, planners, florists, caterers, hair stylists, dress designers, and more. By hiring experienced wedding vendors who understand your wedding vision, you can ensure all the details for your special day are taken care of. It’s important to understand what wedding vendors to hire so that all the pieces of your wedding come together seamlessly.
What Vendors Do You Need for a Wedding?
So, what vendors do you need for a wedding? While every wedding is different, there are some key vendors that most couples hire to help make their special day come to life. Here is a list of vendors needed for a wedding and why:
- Florist: Your florist doesn’t just put together your wedding boutique. They are responsible for creating arrangements for anywhere you want flowers, whether on your ceremony arch, table settings or lined down the aisle.
- Photographer: The person you hire to take your wedding photos is who you will spend the most time with on your wedding day, other than your partner. It’s essential to have a good rapport with your photographer. One way to do that is to book your engagement session with them. Feeling comfortable with your photographer is key to getting great wedding photos you’ll cherish for years to come.
- Videographer: Having video footage of your special day is a great way to reignite those memories in the months and years following. Often videographers will overlay the audio of your vows with the footage they captured, truly allowing you to relive the moment.
- Wedding Venue: This is where your wedding comes to life! Finding a venue that can accommodate your needs and fits your style is essential. Wedding venues like North Tahoe Event Center have fully customizable spaces to bring your dream Lake Tahoe wedding to life.
- Caterer: The food you choose to serve at your wedding contributes to the overall vibe of the day! You want to select a caterer that’s creative and accommodating for all guests.
- Bartender: A very useful vendor to hire for your wedding is a bartender to handle all of the drinks, regardless of if you’re only offering a few choices or opting for a full bar.
- Wedding Planner: A wedding planner is essential for a relaxing wedding day. They can help you plan everything, and they’ll take care of all the details, so you can enjoy being in the moment.
- DJ/Musician: Most weddings end with a fantastic dance party, thanks to your DJ or band. To ensure you get your groove on to your favorite songs, spend time researching the best DJ or musician to meet your wedding reception needs.
- Cake/Desserts: No wedding is complete without a little something sweet! Whether you envision yourself cutting a beautiful cake or having a smorgasbord of exciting treats, you’ll want to find a vendor who can elevate the dessert game.
- Officiant: The person you hire as an officiant plays a crucial role in the ceremony. Many couples choose a loved one or close friend to hold this spot in their wedding. If you don’t go with someone you know, have an in-depth conversation with your hired officiant to ensure you like what they say on your special day.
- Hair & Makeup: Hiring a beauty professional ensures you look and feel your best on your wedding day. If you have a bridal party, there will be quite a few details that need to be taken care of and having a vendor specifically booked to do this makes a huge difference.
- Rentals: Some wedding venues include furniture like tables and chairs, and others don’t. Make sure to check with your venue to see what’s provided and what rentals you’ll need to make your day complete.
How Do You Choose the Best Vendors for Your Wedding?
When choosing your wedding vendors, start by researching those specializing in the services you need. Make sure their photos display the quality of work that fits what you’re looking for. Keep an eye out for reviews or testimonials from past clients, as these can offer insight into the vendor’s reliability and trustworthiness. When signing contracts, read carefully, double-check prices, and ask questions when necessary–even small details like parking or liability can impact your experience. Lastly, make sure to get everything in writing! Adhering to these guidelines can help ensure you’re prepared for any vendor mishaps that may arise on your big day, leaving more time for karaoke at your reception!
Why Do You Have to Feed Wedding Vendors & What are Vendor Meals?
Planning your wedding comes with many decisions, and deciding whether to feed your wedding vendors is one of them. These hard-working professionals make your big day perfect, often running around taking care of every last detail without getting much of a break! This is where vendor meals come in. They are a cost-effective and delicious way to show gratitude to all who make your wedding come together.
You can choose to serve your vendors the same meal as your guests or ask your caterer to put together something more simple. While feeding everyone who contributes isn’t required, it sure is appreciated. When working with your caterer, make sure to add your vendors to your meal count, so they are guaranteed a tasty meal.
Do You Tip Your Vendors?
From the DJ who spins your favorite tunes to the caterers who serve delicious food, there’s no doubt these professionals deserve recognition for their hard work. But what about tipping? Depending on the service and location, traditional wedding vendor tipping customs vary. For instance, 15-20% gratuities are often expected for service staff such as bartenders. On the other hand, couples might not choose to tip their photographer or florist. While there are no hard and fast rules dictating how much (or even if) you should tip your vendors, it is wise to get educated on local tipping customs before arriving at your final decision. After all, showing appreciation for good service is always a polite gesture! Regardless of whether you tip your vendors, it’s important to express genuine appreciation for their efforts.
How Much Do You Tip Vendors for a Wedding?
Generally speaking, it’s a good idea to factor in a 15-20% gratuity into the cost of your service. This amount can then be distributed among all the essential people working behind the scenes, such as DJs, photographers, bartenders, and delivery people. Therefore make sure you take tipping into account when allocating funds to your wedding budget.
Plan Your Wedding at North Tahoe Event Center with Our List of Preferred Vendors
Now that you’ve reviewed the list of vendors needed for a wedding and have a better idea of how to compensate them appropriately, it’s time to get the ball rolling! At North Tahoe Event Center, we’ve worked with many amazing vendors in the area. You can view our list of preferred vendors here. And if you’re still looking for the perfect Lake Tahoe venue, learn what makes North Tahoe Event Center the best choice for your lakeside Tahoe wedding.