As you start planning your dream wedding in Lake Tahoe, you’ll realize you need many wedding pros to bring everything together, including a wedding planner and a venue coordinator. Now, you’re probably wondering about the difference between the two and if you really need both. If so, keep reading to learn the difference between a venue coordinator vs wedding planner, including how their roles and responsibilities help bring your dream wedding to life.
What Does a Venue Coordinator Do?
Your venue will likely take a big chunk of your wedding budget. And rightly so–the venue is a central element in your celebration. Similarly, a venue coordinator is an essential player on your wedding planning team. They take care of all the logistical components of booking and preparing your venue. Here is a quick list of the many ways a venue coordinator will help you before and on your big day:
- Give you a tour of the venue before booking
- Handle any booking questions or concerns
- Help coordinate wedding vendors once they arrive on site
- Manage venue event staff that may help set up, organize, or tear down the space
- Ensure the facility is clean and set up the way you desire
- Set up tables and chairs in your reception space
- Help troubleshoot should anything go wrong with the venue
What Does a Wedding Planner Do?
A wedding planner takes on an entirely different role when it comes to organizing the details of your big day. While a venue coordinator helps solely with venue-related tasks, a wedding planner helps with everything–including the venue. Here are some examples of what a wedding planner does to help create your perfect Lake Tahoe wedding:
- Brainstorm design, decor, and styling ideas that align with your wedding vision
- Help manage your wedding budget and track purchases
- Provide vendor referrals and help review and negotiate contracts
- Create a timeline for the wedding day and ensure everything is executed to perfection
- Help coordinate transportation and accommodations for guests
- Set up, organize, and tear down your venue
- Manage vendors upon arrival on the day of your wedding
- Ensure your wedding is stress-free and fun by handling all the details for you
So, What’s the Difference Between a Venue Coordinator vs Wedding Planner?
Understanding the difference between a venue coordinator vs wedding planner ensures you know which wedding professional to go to with particular questions or issues. In short, a venue coordinator works for the venue and typically focuses on tasks such as inventory and ensuring floor plans are followed. On the other hand, a wedding planner’s main job is to make sure everything you desire for your wedding happens–from selecting vendors that fit your budget to ensuring all your guests feel special on your big day. While there is so much more that is involved with each role, it is clear there is value in both.
So, Do You Need a Venue Coordinator and Wedding Planner?
Yes–and here’s why! One of the most essential elements of a successful wedding is having a great team to help pull it off. That’s why most established venues have on-site venue coordinators. This isn’t someone you have to hire yourself or budget for in your wedding budget. Instead, it’s typically included in your venue booking. For example, at North Tahoe Event Center, you’ll work directly with our venue coordinator to book the space, but we recommend couples hire a wedding planner too.
This way, our venue coordinator can handle all the details of securing, booking, and coordinating your event venue. And your wedding planner can assist you in making decisions regarding style, decorations, timelines, and more–taking on the stress so you don’t have to.
So, no more debating between a venue coordinator vs wedding planner–with both of these professionals handling your big day, you can rest assured that your dream wedding will be everything you’ve ever imagined.
Connect with North Tahoe Event Center’s Venue Coordinator Today
If you’re looking for a North Lake Tahoe wedding venue to host your celebration, look no further than North Tahoe Event Center. Whether you want a romantic indoor wedding or a whimsical outdoor wedding on the beach, we can make your vision a reality. To learn more about our venue, complete our contact form, and our vendor coordinator will be in touch to share how you can turn our customizable Lake Tahoe venue into your dream wedding.